Keto meal replacement shakes come in handy at one point or another in your ketogenic diet journey. Chances are you have some days where the hustle and bustle is real.
You can’t always fast, so on these days a proper meal replacement powder or drink with keto macronutrient ratios can save the day without making you resort to 711 food.
What makes a great quality keto replacement shake?
The fat content and source: the last thing you want are cancer causing trans fats and vegetable oils, fake sweeteners and more added ingredients you can’t even spell out.
In order to avoid being duped into buying a Soylent Green keto drink, it’s good to do some basic label reading and research before purchasing.
And if it has 4 grams of fat per serving that doesn’t count as a good keto powder either. That’s where this Top 5 keto shakes review comes in to help.
A good keto meal replacement shake will truly satiate.
There are plenty of low carb protein shakes that serve to satisfy your protein needs on the go, but if you’re looking to buy a keto meal shake for times of need throughout your weeks, all 5 on this list are worthy options full of good quality fats.
5 Best Keto Meal Replacement Shakes of 2019
As we tackle our 2019 goals, these low carb meal replacement shakes can help power you through them. These are the best that I can find out there in terms of quality and fat content.
The best part is that they’re not part of any locked-in MLM pricing structure that will make you battle your CC company just to get out of some hidden contract. No, these you can just buy one-off and be happy that you have a keto on the go backup plan for times of need.
How These Keto Shakes Are Ranked
- Ingredients: The ingredients used and reputation of the company.
- Fat Source/Quality: Grass fed animal sources or high quality plant based sources.
- Carb Count: Net carbs are the end number to look at for in a low carb meal replacement.
- Price: Price and value per serving. I give this one the least weight with a preference on quality over value.
And so with that, let us review the best 5 keto meal replacement shakes for 2019.
#1. Ancient Nutrition KetoFEAST (chocolate & vanilla)
Highlight feature: Probiotic and Enzyme blend
Ancient Nutrition KetoFEAST takes the #1 spot on this list because of its quality ingredients and because out of all the keto meal shakes out there right now, this one has the highest amount of fat per scoop at 20 grams each.
One 48 gram scoop of the keto mix powder has 20 grams of fat. You get 15 servings of 20 grams of fat. That gives you around 300 grams of fat within each large canister. Additionally, each scoop has 17 grams of protein.
Each serving contains:
- 20 grams of fat (7 saturated)
- 17 grams of protein
- 5 grams of carbohydrates (3 net grams)
Some of the best ingredients it has that all the others do not are bone broth, tiger nuts, fermented herbs, probiotics, live probiotics, ACV, and Reishi mushroom, MCT’s, Ashwagandha root extract and many other wonderful ingredients. It’s definitely one of the best keto meal shake powders available in my opinion. You can see the full list of ingredients on the listing and pictures of the product.
- Ingredient Quality: Formulated by Dr. Josh Axe and well-known author-Keto’er, Jordan Rubin
- Caffeine: 50mg of caffeine per serving with coffee cherry extract
- Special Blend: Unique nutrient dense choices of ingredients
- Value: 20 grams of fat per scoop
- Gut Health Blend: Live probiotic and enzymes and prebiotic blend
- Non-GMO and grain, soy, dairy free
- Taste: there are mixed reviews on the flavor. Some say it’s super delicious. Others say it’s gross. Luckily there is a vanilla flavored one as well. However at the end of the day, you need something that works. This keto shake works and blends well. You may find it very enjoyable like many others.
- FIRST OF ITS KIND, KETO-FRIENDLY MEAL REPLACEMENT: KetoFEAST is proverbial ìfeastî for the keto dietóa delicious shake and meal replacement...
- ESSENTIAL: KetoFEAST Chocolate provides key nutrients the body needs to get in the ìketoî zone, including 17 grams of real whole food bone...
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: A delicious, convenient meal replacement drink that is free of dairy, grain, gluten, soy and is non-GMO, KetoFEAST Chocolate...
- FAST RESULTS: Easily and smoothly mixes or blends into a keto ìmeal-on-the-goî shake. You can help get yourself into the ìketoî zone with...
- TRY IT RISK FREE: Buy with confidence when purchasing exclusively from Ancient Nutrition. Click the "Add to Cart" button to give KetoFEAST...
#2. Ketologie Chocolate Keto Protein Shake (chocolate, vanilla & strawberry)
Highlight Features: Value + Raving reviews from hundreds of happy keto dieting customers
Ketologie’s Keto Protein Shake can easily be #1 on this list as well. The value and keto ratios within this jug make it a #1 choice for your keto meal shake replacement needs.
The only reason it’s #2 is because of the superior mix of ingredients KetoFEAST contains in comparison. However, Ketologie is up there as well. It’s ingredients include coconut oil, hydrolyzed bovine collagen, and dutch cocoa. It’s not quite as an exotic blend, but that is why I love this one too. It has a solid set of a handful of ingredients that are high quality and you get the most bang for you buck along with it.
It seems chocolate is the go-to flavor for keto meal shakes. Ketologie joins the club here with this keto meal replacer powder.
Sweetness factor: It’s erythritol based where for sweetness KetoFEAST has a slight amount of real sugar for sweetness instead of erythritol.
450 grams of fat per 1080 gram container.
At 25 grams of fat per 2 scoop serving, you get 450 grams per canister. This is easily the very best value of all the keto meal replacement shakes out there. While 2 scoops of the KetoFEAST gives you 40 grams, its serving size calls for just 1 scoop. This one is formulated to have 2 scoops per serving and lasts much longer than KetoFEAST does with 150 more grams of fat and 3 more servings per container in comparison.
Each serving contains:
- 25 grams of fat (22g saturated)
- 14 grams of protein
- 14 grams of carbohydrates (7 net grams)
- Quality & Quantity: You get value and quality here with 450 grams of fat per container. The best value of all quality keto meal shakes I’ve seen available online.
- Sugar Free
- Great customer feedback
- Perfect keto ratios
- No Carbs
- 3 Flavors: If you don’t like the chocolate, you can go for strawberry or vanilla. There’s no wrong option!
- I see no cons with this one.
- KEEP IT KETO CLEAN: Ketologie Chocolate protein shakes contain no carbs, caffeine, sugar, or guilt!
- MIX INTO YOUR DAY: Mix with water, nut milks & coffee to make shakes, lattes, golden mylks & more!
- SATISFYING SUCCESS: Our creamy & delicious shake tastes like a cheat meal, but keeps you in ketosis
- EAT WITH YOUR MIND OPEN: Keto shake may help raise blood ketone levels & enhance mental clarity
- CUSTOMERS SAY: Blends extremely well with no gritty texture. Truly the best shakes I have ever had!
#3. KetoLogic Ketogenic Meal Replacement Shake
Highlight Feature: The biggest, longest lasting keto shake out there.
KetoLogic Ketogenic Meal Replacement Shake offers a long lasting low carb weight loss shake. The largest container holds 20 servings, each containing 13 grams of fat. In terms of value, KetoLogic tops the previous two on the list. Although it has more value in servings and scoops per container, the added ingredients list gets a bit long.
KetoLogic has great keto macro ratios. And although it made the cut for fat content per serving, it still doesn’t have enough to serve as a true keto meal replacement.
Each serving contains:
- 13 grams of fat
- 7 grams of protein
- 4 grams of net carbs (total carbs minus fiber)
- Keto macro ratios
- Customer reviews
- Main ingredients: Grass-fed whey protein, MCT oil creamer, and the coconut oil creamer.
- Ingredients: The list of ingredients is long and ideally can skip a few of them like the “natural flavors” and the milk protein isolate.
- Not enough fat: Each serving only has 13 grams of fat. A true “meal replacement” for the keto diet should have more than that in my opinion. It doesn’t have double the serving amount while being almost half the size of fat per scoop as the prior 2 which means that it’s more of a keto snack to fill in the gap on days you need to top up in between your meals.
- CONVENIENT AND DELICIOUS: KetoLogic Meal Replacement (MRP) is a convenient and satiating fuel source for anyone, including those on a low-carb or...
- PROMOTES FAT LOSS: KetoLogic MRP contains MCT (medium-chain triglycerides) which promote weight loss and fat oxidation while boosting your...
- BOOSTS KETONES: Highly ketogenic, KetoLogic MRPs help you get into ketosis when accompanied with a low-carb diet.
- SUPPRESSES APPETITE: KetoLogic MRP decreases your appetite and keeps you full and satiated for hours. Replace your breakfast or lunch with one of...
#4. Kuma Shake 8 Fluid Ounces Per Bottle + Vegan (6 Pack)
Highlight feature: Convenient keto meal-in-a-bottle (not a powder) that’s vegan-friendly and boasts 37 grams of fat per bottle
Kuma Shake is a bottled keto shake, not a powder. Many love it for it’s great flavor and satiating qualities. The keto ratios are spot on at 4:1 ketogenic. Over 90% of its calories come from fat. And with 37 grams of fat per bottle, it’s a true ketogenic diet meal replacement shake.
They come in 6 packs.
- 1 bottle contains 37 grams of fat (14 from saturated fat)
- 5 net carbs
- 1 gram of protein
The 6 pack adds up to 222 grams of fat per pack, divided into 6 bottle servings. Technically you can split one in two and you’ll have 18.5 grams of fat per half serving (half bottle) and stretch this 6 pack of Kuma Shakes into amazing value for keto meal replacements.
- Convenience: just open and drink! No powders or mixing necessary.
- Keto Macros: 4:1 keto diet macro ratios at 37g fat, 5g net carbs and a gram of protein per bottle.
- Taste: Feel like you’re relaxing in a hammock beachside with each swig of the tropical flavored Kuma shake.
- Customer Reviews: People are loving this true meal replacement from the Kuma brand.
- Vegan Approved: It’s a vegan friendly shake that uses healthy plant based fats. Vegan keto is not common, but this drink helps make it more doable.
- Taste: If “tropical” is not your type of flavor, then you may prefer a chocolate, strawberry or vanilla keto shake.
- Not sugar free. The macros are perfect, but it does have sugar.
- 6-Pack Keto Shakes, each with 8 fl. oz. appetite quenching Ready-to-Drink meal replacement
- 4:1 Ketogenic Diet Low Carb Fat Bomb with 5g Net Carbs, 37g fat, 8g MCT, 2.5g polys, LCHF, Atkins
- Tropical Pina Colada Taste with Conflict free Extra Virgin Red Palm Oil and Organic Coconut Oil
- Certified Vegan and Certified Kosher, natural & Paleo, gluten free, dairy free, soy, nut & egg free
- Epic nutrition: anti-inflammatory Turmeric, vitamin A, B's, C, D & antioxidant E's, Magnesium
#5. Ample K Ketogenic Formula Ready To Drink Bottles (6 Pack)
Highlight Feature: Ready to drink keto drink option
Ample K Ketogenic Formula Bottles are the last one on the list. These two meal drinks that are pre-mixed and ready to drink can be the best tasting, and they add variety to this keto meal replacement shakes reviews list. Bottled keto meal replacement shakes can be life savers too.
Kuma Shakes have around 90% of fat. In comparison, Ample K have 70%. Ample K is still a great option with even less net carbs than Kuma Shake at 3 grams of net carbs per bottle. And if you’re looking for more protein in your keto shakes, Ample K 400c bottles offer 13 grams per bottle from grass-fed whey protein. These are the specs for the regular 400c bottles.
The larger 600c bottles are even better as keto meal replacements with 51 grams of fat and 19 grams of protein per bottle (5 grams net carbs).
Each 400c bottle (67g serving size) has:
- 33g fat (17g from saturated fat)
- 3g net carbs
- 13g protein
Each 600c bottle (99g serving size) has:
- 51g fat (25 from saturated fat)
- 5g net carbs
- 19g protein
- High quality, real-food ingredients: no artificial ingredients, sweeteners, GMOs, soy, fillers, or gluten.
- Fat blend: A nice mix of monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and
- 2 Bottle Sizes: 6 pack options: 400c & 600c sized bottles
- None that I can see other than the few who don’t like its flavor.
- 3G NET CARBS. And no artificial sweeteners. Each meal is packed with fiber and prebiotics to keep you feeling full and works in synergy with our...
- OVER 70% PREMIUM FATS. Our comprehensive blend of mono, poly, and saturated fats, along with 5g of MCTs, keeps you in ketosis and provides an...
- ON-THE-GO KETO MEAL. Bring an Ample K for a full, nutritious ketogenic meal that makes keto easy whether you're traveling or working long hours.
- CLEAN INGREDIENTS. Made from real foods, with no fillers, artificial sweeteners, gluten, soy, or GMOs.
- DELICIOUS. Milky, creamy, and smooth with a mild, sweet flavor, notes of rich coconut and nutty macadamia, and hints of vanilla and cinnamon.
The Winner: Ancient Nutrition KetoFEAST
Because of its unique blend of healthy ingredients, and trusted purity of ingredients, KetoFEAST is one of the best keto shakes you can buy. Just one 48 gram heaping scoop of the powder gives you 20 grams of fat. 7 coming from saturated fats.
While the reviews are not as plentiful or raving for Ancient Nutrition’s keto shake, I’m sure over time that will change.
Ancient Nutrition, outside of their cool brand name, make the best keto meal replacement shake out there right now.
Besides this one, all five on this list are on the list for a reason. Even the least ranked one here is good. These 5 low carb meal replacements are 5 of the very best. Some have more fat than others.
Some have slightly better ingredients. And some are better priced. But all here are good options.
Bonus: 3 Bonus Options That Almost Made The Top 5 Cut
These three below are great options as well.
The Garden of Life keto mealshake is the most intriguing of these and actually, I might put that one in the top 5 after I try it. I There is not enough data on it to see how it really tastes, but the ingredients are high quality. Garden of Life is a good brand. I’d give this one a shot too.
Primaforce didn’t make the list because I noticed they’re low in stock. That’s the only reason why. This looks like a worthy keto powder.
Ketond didn’t make the list because of a few complaints about the taste, more than the ones on the top 5 list. But it still looks like a quality keto meal replacement with good fat content, so I put it down here to make note of it.
Conclusion: Best Keto Shakes Of 2019
A keto powder or meal drink should have FAT in it.
If it has just a few grams of fat per scoop, it’s not a keto meal replacement shake.
Often you will see “keto shakes” touted as meal replacements.
They’re not really meal replacements if they only have 4 grams of fat per serving. If you’re on a keto diet, you need fat. These serve as nice snacks if they’re low carb and nutrient-dense, but for true keto meal replacements you can start with the ones on this list or others that have similar keto macro ratios and plenty of fat.
Thanks for coming by the blog!
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or corrections, please let me know! You can contact me here, or simply leave a comment below.
UP NEXT: The 6 Best Exogenous Ketones of 2019
Related Reads From Our Blog:
- 3 Vital Keto Weight Loss Tips (+ 3 Steps To Success)
- 9 Must-Have Keto Supplements (Vitamins & Minerals)
- Top 6 Collagen Supplements of 2019
- 5 Best Biotin Supplements for Ketogenic Diet Hair Loss. Keto diets tend to deplete Biotin faster than your prior high carb ways (easily negated through diet or supplementation)
Free PDF for You: Get Our Top 3 Thai Keto Recipes
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive new recipes we make, blog updates and more & get instant access to the free PDF:
Something went wrong.